PHP & Oracle are a powerful tools to build dynamic websites. I wrote these articles while making my graduation project (2009).
I didn’t work with neither PHP nor oracle since then, so I might not be able to answer the questions but still I believe it is a good idea to keep these posts published 😉
Connecting PHP and oracle together was the most challenging part:
Data Control Language (DCL)
It’s a computer language and a subset of SQL, used to control access to data in a database. due to the nature of at which this standard operates it is possible for there to be problems within the sub system of the programming.
- GRANT: gives user rights and privileges on database objects or schema.
- REVOKE: removes or restricts user rights or privileges on database objects.
- COMMIT: make durable all changes done to the data.
- ROLLBACK : restore data to its state prior to user changes
- SAVEPOINT: set a point to which a ROLLBACK is possible.
- SET TRANSACTION: Modify transaction properties.
Structured Query Language (SQL)
SQL is a standard interactive and programming language for querying and modifying data and managing databases , I’m interested in studying it to use it with oracle forms and after learning new stuff i blog it here to help myself finding specific topic later on and to help anybody want to learn it or just looking for a certain topic.
The Oracle-SQL blogs “till now” are:
1. Variables and Data:
- Naming variables and creating variables
- Display variables values
- Using Variable variables (Dynamic Variable names)
- Removing Variables
- working with constants
- Data types
- Working with numbers
- Working with character string -part1
- Working with character string -part2
- Working with character string (Manipulating strings)
- Working with dates and times
- Sorting data in groups by using Arrays:
- Creating arrays
- viewing, modifying arrays & removing values from arrays
- sorting arrays
- using arrays in (List statement)
- walking through an array
- converting arrays into strings (and vice versa)
- converting variables into arrays (and vice versa)
- splitting and merging arrays
- comparing arrays
- Some arrays operations
- Multidimensional arrays
2. Basic PHP programming:
- Changing the order of statement execution
- pattern matching with regular expressions
- Using conditional statements
- Repeating actions by using loops
- Creating reusable code(functions)
- Passing values to a function
- handling functions errors
3. Common PHP Applications: