How to get the Run icon back in Start Menu for windows XP July 21, 2008Posted by Noor in about computer.
Tags: get the run icon back
some viruses make the run icon disappears from the start menu, to make sure that you will not have the chance to remove it, well; there is no need to use anti-virus to do this, it can be done easily in two methods, i will write both of them here to give you the choice to use any
1. right click on the start bar, then properties
2. click on the tab start menu then customize
3. open the Advanced tab then make sure that the run command is checked , and welcome the run icon back!
1. open the following path, but if you have the windows in another drive rather than ‘C’ then start from there instead of the ‘C’ in our path “C-> windows -> system32 -> gpedit”
2. open user configuration then the sub folder Administrative templates then to the sub folder start menu and taskbar, then from the right from the setting look for “remove run menu from start menu” and double click in its state (it maybe set to not configured or enabled)
3. change the state to be disabled -> ok and we are done !